Not only is Sonic a tradition in Oklahoma, it's a way of life. Valentine's day just isn't the same without a Chocolate-Cherry shake; during the first warm days of spring all I want is a Lemon-Berry Slush and now that it is summer I can't get enough of Sonic’s Ocean Water. So, when I saw a recipe for it on fabulously frugalicious's blog I was so excited! I made a batch yesterday evening and, not surprisingly, they were a hit! Relaxing with one is the perfect way to end a sunny summer day.
Here's her recipe:
Here's her recipe:
SONIC OCEAN WATER
3 Tablespoons water
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 Teaspoon imitation coconut extract
2 Drops blue food coloring (if desired)
2 (12-ounce) Cans cold Sprite
Ice
Combine the water and the sugar in a small bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds, and then stir to dissolve all of the sugar. Allow this syrup to cool.
Add coconut extract and food coloring to the cooled syrup. Stir well.
Combine the syrup with two 12-ounce cans of cold Sprite.
Divide and pour over ice.
Makes two 12-ounce drinks.
3 comments:
Christy! I was so excited to see a comment from you on my blog!!!
I was JUST talking to Brian about you the other day and he said you were getting married soon. I'm so happy for you...you're going to love married life!
Anway, thanks for stopping by to say hi. I'll definitely be back to check out your blog and soak up some much needed cooking tips :)
Hope you've had a great weekend!
Sonic....my favorite place!
Do they have Sonic's in Nebraska?
We have 4 here now!
This drink sounds so refreshing. I'm gonna have to print these recipes off and try some.
Hi!! I got your comment on my blog about the Oceanwater, but there wasn't a link to your name or blog. You must have found me via Kristen. Now I know who you are :)
SO glad that you tried this and liked it. I raved about it to my mom so she bought the extract and I made her a batch of syrup too!
Post a Comment